Tuesday, January 14, 2014

Question of the Week: What is your favorite animal story?

This morning as I watched my beagle run around the house with her treat and the treat she stole from my other dog, I was reminded of a book I read a while back: Fixing Freddie: A True Story about a Boy, a Mom, and a Very, Very Bad Beagle by Paula Munier. This funny memoir about a single mom who takes on an extremely challenging dog makes me feel better about my mostly sometimes well-behaved beagle. Sure, she ate a couple of my Christmas ornaments and frequently helps herself to my dinner when I'm not looking, but things could be a lot worse!

Do you have a favorite animal story (children's or adult, fiction or nonfiction)?


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

First, had a beagle that owned us very much the same way! I have two favorites, both from childhood. First, Charlotte's Web by E.B. White and my all time favorite (I've read at least 6 times throughout my life) Where the Red Fern Grows by Wilson Rawls. There are so many wonderful stories and books that you would still be reading my list if I typed them all out!