Wednesday, October 16, 2013

Question of the week: What is your book equivelent of comfort food?

It's that time of year again...cold season!  And if you are like me, you need to have a couple of really wonderful books set aside to get you through those sick days.  One I always find soothing is The Princess Bride by William Goldman.  Maybe it is because it is set up as a grandfather reading to his grandson when he is sick.  Or maybe it is because the humor always cheers me up, or the fact I know love will win out in the end.

What are your comfort books?  And what is it that keeps you coming back?

2 comments:

Terry said...

The last time I had bronchitis and spent 2 days in bed, I brought the first three Harry Potter books upstairs and spent the whole time coughing and reading. Sometimes it's just nice to escape into a familiar plot with characters that are old friends.

Kelli said...

"The Hobbit" and "Lord of the Rings"- as Terry said, they're old friends now. That being said, it's also the one book/series I really wish I could read again for the first time.