Wednesday, June 5, 2013

Question of the Week

What book do you buy extra copies of to give to people?

Every time I go to a library book sale or garage sale, I just can't help myself.  I have to sweep my eyes over all the titles to see what they've got.  I don't need any more books.  I've got plenty at home (and on hold!)  But you never know what you will find.  There is a short list of books that I just can't pass up, because I want to make sure my friends have the chance to read them.   I've already mentioned how much I love The Time Traveler's Wife by Audrey Niffenegger, which I buy every copy I find cheap and give away as soon as I find my next victim.  But the other title I like to buy is The Four Agreements by Miguel Ruiz.  My dad introduced me to this book, and while I don't necessarily believe in every word it says, it definitely has changed the way I think in really positive ways.

What books you like to pick up to give to others?

1 comment:

Terry said...

I've given Anne Morrow Lindbergh's A Gift From the Sea to friends. Also, A Town Like Alice by Nevil Shute.